Giving and servicing provide joy and satisfaction when we network
heart and not the head. Stress and anxiety are reduced when we
stop focusing on ourselves and focus on helping others. Also, read
other books on this topic. Understand the power and rewards of
unselfish networking. In fact, while reading Harvey Mackay's book
Dig Your Well Before You're Thirsty, I
came across Mackay's Maxims. I was inspired to write and share
with you my own versions.
Marsh Mantras! Words to Build a Network - and Life
- Your reputation is your most valuable possession. It is your
biggest asset for successful networking.
- The #1 way to reduce fear of networking is to change your
focus from what I can get to what I can give.
- Before any networking function plan the number of connections
you will make for people in your network.
- Being a go-giver is more conducive to building long term
relationships than being a go-getter.
- Go out on a limb, that's where the fruit is!
- One of the best ways to reduce stress about your livelihood
is to focus on helping some people enhance their
- One truth about life is that life keeps giving us
the same lessons until we learn them.
- If you're in a referral-sharing group, like BNI,
only to get referrals, you're in the wrong group
Ivan Misner, Founder & CEO, says "Givers
- People do business with people they know and like.
They will continue to do business when they trust
- The best listeners make the best networkers. When
you respond to a prospective referral's need,
a solution through someone from your network,
you become a powerful ally.
- Have a positive expectancy that the referrals
you give will provide you with many blessings.
- Have no expectation about what you will receive
in return. Your blessings could come in another
needed just as
much. The universal law of reciprocity
is as real as the law of gravity!
Whew! If you have made it this far - it is obvious that you really
have an interest in improving your networking skills. And - "YES"
- they are skills which can be learned, improved upon and polished
every single day of your life. You will NEVER be
done learning, and you will NEVER be done networking!
For - it is only through networking that you will find the REALLY
BIG FISH to fill your pond. It is only when someone else
acts as your advocate and then matches you with a need that someone
has - that is when you achieve REAL SUCCESS! That,
my friends is
Are you ready to become a FEARLESS
order a copy of my book today! DO IT!
here to print this page.